Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral Plunge Up-Cut Router Bits, 2 flutes, with special unique carbide with nACo® nanocomposite coating for longer lifetime in wood, plywood and laminate.
Spiral-flute bits combine a shearing action in cutting with an augering action in chip clearance. The shearing action yields an especially clean accurate cut while the augering action clears chips from the cut. The ‘Up-Cut’ shears from the bottom up pulling chips from the bottom up thus allowing deeper penetration with less stress on the tool. An excellent choice for mortising.
Special unique carbide grade increased clearance geometry and razor-sharp cutting edges with polished flutes provide a superior finish and longer tool life especially in abrasive materials. Great for production settings and excellent for creating grooves and dado cuts in particleboard plywood and laminate. Primarily used on CNC machines and other automatic routers. Can be used with handheld and table-mounted portable routers.
Excellent for Cutting:
- Amana Tool Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant, distinctively-tinted coloring, nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is an micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coatings prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
- Melamine Particle Board
- Veneered Plywood